Engine Yard University
Zero to Rails 3 Course Overview
Class is full - Registration Closed
Individuals moving from an existing web development language such as PHP, .NET, Python, Perl, ColdFusion, or Java to Ruby on Rails 3.
4 days. There are two 20-minute breaks, and an hour break for lunch.
• Local Development
• Test Driven Development
• Views, Helpers & Layouts
• Models in depth
• Controllers, CRUD, and REST
• Metrics & Instrumentation
Students will build a fully functional web application, gradually, using concepts from each lecture unit.
Lab work will be conducted in a virtual Ubuntu server, running a full Ruby on Rails stack locally on the student’s computer.
Why Engine Yard?
• Over 1,700 customers
• Core contributors to Rails 3
• Open Source leadership (JRuby, and Rubinius)
• Training and curriculum experts from companies like Adobe (Macromedia), Google, and Microsoft.
For more information about this course, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Engine Yard , Inc. 500 Third Street Suite 510 San Francisco CA 94107