To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the renovations at Congress Hall we are hosting a day of all American Fun! Kick off the day with Congress Hall's 1st Annual Sand Castle Building contest on the best beach in New Jersey. Join Sand Masters, Matt Long and Andy Gertler, from the Travel Channel as they create a masterpiece on the Congress Hall beach. Join in the fun and create your own where one team will win top honors. No matter what your skill level is, enlist your team of up to 5 people and take part in the fun. Contest begins at 9:30 am and registration is free! Winners will be announced at 4 pm at the beginning of our 10th Anniversary Flag Raising ceremony on the Grand Lawn.
Things to Know:
- Please choose a team captain and register only ONCE under that person's name.
- All Participants must check in at beach in front of Congress Hall before the contest starts
- Teams may consist of up to 5 members
- Teams will have 5 hours to complete their sculptures before the judges begin their critiques
- Teams can start building at 9:30 am and judges will begin evaluations at 2:30 pm
- Winner will be announced at ceremony at 4 pm
- Any and all tools are allowed.
- Molds are also allowed.
- No early starts. All contestants start together. No piling before start time.
- All sculpting must be stopped when judging time is announced.
- No painting sand. Though not recommended, any sand coloring must be done with food coloring and water only.
- Natural and artificial accessorizing is allowed. This means you can decorate your creation with shells or toys from home.
- Stay within the limitations of your category. Sometimes a little to much adult assistance may find its way into a youth category sculpture.
- No throwing sand