**Tickets are non-transferable. Please be sure you buy your ticket for the correct date! No refunds available**
ADVANCE TICKET SALES END AT 12AM ON 8/16/12 - TICKETS WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS AT THE DOOR.
THE 7TH ANNUAL JAZZ AGE LAWN PARTY
SATURDAY and SUNDAY
JUNE 16TH & 17TH, 2012
AUGUST 18TH & 19TH
11am to 5pm
$15 (Children under 12 free)
Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra invites you to join us on
this hidden gem just off the southeastern tip of Manhattan, nestled in
the heart of majestic New York Harbor.
Under a shady grove of centuries-old trees, caressed by fresh sea air, a
sprawling green surrounded by historic officers' quarters and 18th
century naval ramparts becomes the setting for a true Gatsby affair. A
recession-friendly $15 admission gives you access to one of the
Summer's most magnificent celebrations.
Widely anticipated by flappers, sporting gents and tiny tots alike, this
event has been featured and reviewed consistently by The New York
Times, who selected the Jazz Age Lawn Party as one of the most memorable
parties of 2009 and 2010.
A wide array of music, food & drink, and activities are open for all ages to enjoy:
* August event to feature special guests Gelber & Manning!
* Beautiful, real-wood '50 x '50 dance floor set up right on the lawn!
* A delightful variety of refreshing cocktails and sangria will be available for purchase by St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur and beer provided by Brooklyn
* Gourmet entrees, sandwiches, salads and more will be for sale. Vegetarian dishes, too!
* Tasty desserts, old-fashioned ice cream cones and ices!
* Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade, Soda, juice, water, and other beverages available
* Picnicking welcomed! (just leave the hooch at home, it's
prohibited by regulations except as sold by our approved vendor at
* Authentic '78 records from the 1920s played on antique phonographs
by Michael Cumella of WFMU's Antique Phonograph Music Program.
* Charleston lessons by dance legend Roddy Caravella
* Vintage portraits by Tsirkus Fotografika
* 1920s Motorcar Exhibition - take a spin around the island in a genuine rumble-seat; hold on to your hat!
* Vintage clothing dealers and boutique milliners - They will all be
peddling wares, so be sure to tuck some cash in your garter.
* Live dance performances
* Bathing Beauties & Beaus Promenade
* Tug O' War
* Parade Of Hats
* Pie Recipe Contest
If you'd like to sign up for the pie contest, you must
pre-register by emailing Sarah Liston at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bakers
can sign up until midnight Fri. June 15th.
**All ticket sales are final. No refunds available. Tickets are
non-transferrable. Please be sure to buy your ticket for the correct