Guqin Foundation Class for beginners
Dear Qin Friends,
Guqin Foundation Class for beginners with Wang Fei starting October 9th, 2016. Space is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Please register now! Email registration is highly recommended! email@example.com.
This class is suitable for beginners at any level, and for all ages and backgrounds. The teacher offers such classes for beginners very seldom. The last time such a class offered was over 5 years ago. If you don’t want to miss this rare opportunity to learn guqin with a master outside China, please register now. Spaces are very limited. The class is open and flexible and take place in a relaxed and traditional environment, focusing on a firm foundation in guqin fingering. Classes start at 11:00am every Sunday until of the end of December. The length of each lesson depends on the size of the class each week. It is an ongoing class and the participants can join anytime, however the continue weekly based class from beginning is highly recommended. Traditionally, for an average person with average talent, average level of interest and an average of 1 hour practice daily, it takes 20-30 hours about 3 months of weekly basic training to build a basic foundation before learning any traditional guqin pieces. Unused credit can be transferred to the upcoming NAGA group lessons in 2017.
· World renowned guqin player Wang Fei teaches directly, using the traditional method by which she was taught by the great guqin master Professor Li Xiangting 李祥霆, and her 30 years of guqin experience.
· Bilingual instruction in English and Chinese.
· No prerequisites, open to everybody, all ages and all levels of experience welcome
· Newly remodeled NAGA classroom provides high quality guqins for use during the class, one for each student, made by top guqin makers(Wang Peng, Ma Weiheng, Zeng Chengwei, Zhang Yuxin), representing the best quality guqins currently available. Participants do not need to bring their own instruments.
· No need to have a guqin, since we provide rental guqins for students to take home and practice with during the 10 weeks
· All participants will get a purchase discount from our sponsors, beijingers.com, at prices well below the current market prices in China, on some guqin models, with free shipping worldwide.
If you like the guqin, you can learn to play it; if you love the guqin, you can learn to play it well; if you are passionate about the guqin, you can master it". - Master Li Xiangting 李祥霆.
Please also see "Keys to success in guqin learning" By Wang Fei
Please select your enrollment preference:
10 sessions $110 per session (priority consideration), please indicate the date
5 to 9 sessions $120/session, please indicate the date
1 to 4 sessions $150/session, please indicate the date
Please select time preference according to your enrollment preference: Septermber:18(3:00pm monthly guqin culture class)
October Sundays: 9,16,23,30
Class sizes and times (dependent on the enrollment situation each week, and cannot be selected by participants):
1 participant, 11:00am to 12:15 pm
2-3 participants, a1:00am to 12:30pm
4-7 participants,11:00am to 12:45pm
8 or more participants, 11:00am to 1:00pm
Union City, CA. Address to be announced after registration. Accessible by public transportation.
Instruments can be rented for the full 4 days duration of the course (normal cost $50) which they can take home to practice with.
Chinese music specialist and NAGA class sponsor Beijingers.com will provide discounts for students enrolled in the class, with prices of guqins starting from only $199 (please see the description of each model recommended for students enrolled in this class).
Classes will be led by NAGA Director and China Guqin Committee Council member Wang Fei. Wang Fei has a background in classical Chinese literature and guqin music and has been a Mandarin news host and producer at China National Radio. She studied guqin under Professor Li Xiangting, one of the great guqin masters of this century, since 1985. She has inherited the traditions, styles, concepts and masterpieces of her "grand teachers" Zha Fuxi, Wu Jinglue and Guan Pinghu, the three greatest guqin masters of the last century, and transmits them through her guqin teaching, performance and promotion in the western world. Wang Fei is one of the few guqin teachers who offer guqin lessons in traditional form, covering both guqin playing and guqin study. She has won several awards for Chinese music, has toured internationally and has given speeches, lectures, workshops and seminars on the guqin at many prestigious universities including Stanford, UC Berkeley, UCLA and the Central Conservatory of Music. She has also given presentations on Chinese culture to many Fortune 500 companies.
For a brief introduction to the guqin in English, please see at http://www.youtube.com/embed/3emtHEQRpcU
Please follow Wang Fei on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/wangfeimusic,
Email registration is highly recommended! Please download registration form at http://www.chineseculture.net/guqin/newsletters/16nagaevents/10foundationclassregisterform.doc email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send your check payment to along with the registration form to:
North American Guqin Association
PO BOX 232
Fremont, CA 94537-0232
For details of any of these classes and to enroll, please email email@example.com or call 1-415-857-3918.
The North American Guqin Association (NAGA) is a nonprofit cultural arts organization dedicated to the public presentation and preservation of the art of the guqin, spreading community appreciation of Chinese culture through the traditional art of the guqin and building a bridge for cultural exchange and mutual understanding between the Chinese and American communities. NAGA offers guqin classes, performances, recordings, workshops etc.
Please subscribe to the following NAGA social networks to stay tuned for incoming news and events:
· NAGA: http://www.guqin.org
· NAGA E-Newsletter: http://www.chineseculture.net/guqin/joinus.html
· Twitter: http://twitter.com/nagaguqin
· Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/chineseculture
· Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/guqin
· Weibo: http://www.weibo.com/nagaguqin
· LinkedIn group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2681353